Metabolic training expert BJ Gaddour is back with a four-minute workout that will carve your core and calves. In the video below, he performs TRX Rip Trainer Pogo Jump Variations, which train ballistic core stability, or the ability for your abs to stabilize your spine during explosive limb action. The pogo jump portion of the exercise smokes your calves and strengthens your Achilles tendon while the asymmetrical one-side loading of the Rip Trainer forces your core to stabilize in all three planes of motion.
Alternate between 30 seconds of work and 15 seconds of rest for six rounds in the following TRX Rip Trainer Pogo Jump exercise order:
- Facing Away from the Anchor Point (Left)
- Facing Away from the Anchor Point (Right)
- Side Facing the Anchor Point (Left)
- Side Facing the Anchor Point (Right)
- Facing the Anchor Point (Left)
- Facing the Anchor Point (Right)
BJ Gaddour, CSCS, is a fitness bootcamp and metabolic training expert. He is the CEO of StreamFIT.com providing unlimited streaming follow-along workouts from the top trainers in the game. He is also a regular contributor to Men's Health.