The TRX Performance: Tennis DVD won’t magically turn you into a Grand Slam winner, but it will help you cultivate the same physical proficiencies that help top players succeed.
The first part of the program targets the shoulder joint using isolated, cognitive movements. These exercises strengthen and stabilize the shoulder using the same motions you’ll use on the court. With this program, your whole body will be able to get into the game, not just your arm.
From there, we build in a lot of movements focusing on stability and single leg balance that incorporate the same reaches and rotations you’ll use on the court. To succeed in tennis and stay injury-free, it’s critical to have good mobility, both on the court and within your body.
To make the most of your tennis training:
- Inhale before beginning each exercise, exhale while doing it.
- Execute all movements for 10-12 reps.
- Add more sets of each exercise as you progress.
- Rest at least one day between sessions.
In addition to the TRX movements, complete the tennis-specific cardio drills as well.
Complete 12 reps of each exercise below. Perfect the movements at a slow speed and only add intensity, speed or more sets of 12 reps once you have the motion down pat.
1. TRX Scorpion
- Improves hip mobility, strength, and power for effective loading and strong strokes
2. TRX Shoulder Matrix
- Improves shoulder mobility and stability
3. TRX Lunge Matrix
- Improves ability to stop, change direction and get into position
- ADVANCED: Hold racquet while completing lunges
4. TRX Pendulum
- Improves spinal mobility
- Builds core strength
5. TRX Squat
- Improves posterior strength and stability
6. TRX Plank (with Taps)
- Improves ability to shuffle sideways, plant and stop
Pick up your copy of TRX Performance: Tennis today!